Cool and Unexpected Uses for Coconut Oil
February 23, 2016 | trioonline
Coconut oil may be having a moment in the wellness world, but this do-it-all oil has actually been in many people’s rotations for years now. If you’re looking for ways to really get your money’s worth with that economy-sized jar of coconut oil, here are just a few unexpected ways to use it!
- As wood polish. Coffee table looking a bit worse for the wear? Give it a new lease on life by placing a small amount of coconut oil on a soft, clean rag and rubbing it on the surface in small circles.
- To season cast iron skillets. If you’re not sure how to properly care for your cast iron skillet, frequently rubbing it down with coconut oil is a good place to start.
- To soothe skin irritations. From diaper rash to eczema, coconut oil is a wonderful way to soothe all kinds of rashes and irritations. You can even rub it on minor cuts and burns to prevent scarring.
- In place of coffee. Take a small spoonful of coconut oil each morning when you wake up for a quick energy boost that’s just as good as coffee.
- As shaving cream. Rub coconut oil all over your legs, face and anywhere else you shave to act as an all-natural shaving cream. As a bonus, it even prevents red bumps and ingrown hairs.
21 Miraculous Uses for Coconut Oil [Wonder How To]
31 of My Favorite Uses for Coconut Oil [Thank Your Body]
Everything You Need to Know About Coconut Oil [Shape]
101 Uses for Coconut Oil [Wellness Mama]