Decorating with Color? Learn the Meaning Behind Your Favorite Hues
September 15, 2016 | greystar
When decorating, follow your instinct and incorporate colors that make you feel energized and inspired. Here’s how to figure out the meaning of the colors that you’re drawn to and how to incorporate them into your home.
- Blue represents the color of the waves in the ocean and should be used to be calming, healing, and relaxing. It also exemplifies the feeling of security and dependability.
- Green represents newness and life. It is a balancing color that stands for growth, abundance, and nature.
- In decorating, red is a very powerful color. It is exciting and powerful and represents luxury, passion and romance.
- Purple is a very spiritual color that represents abundance and dignity.
- Yellow is a color that gives you a happy and uplifting feeling. It is a great sociable color so it’s recommended for your kitchen, dining room, or living room areas.
- Grey represents “the rock” and stands for solidity and support. It is probably the most popular neutral in decorating because it can seem nondescript.
- White can have a way of making you feel clean, pure, and innocent. It represents hope and openness and is very inviting.
- Decorating with the dramatic color black can bring a sense of elegance and sophistication to your space.
Color 101: Learn the Underlying Meaning of Your Favorite Shades [HGTV]
What the Color of Your Living Room Says About You [House Beautiful]
FENG SHUI COLORS: Find out the meaning of colors and how to use them successfully in your home [Feng Shui & Beyond]